D&RGW Diesels and "The Silver Lady"
|D&RGW PA1-PB1-PA1 set #601 arrived in the Spring of 1947; they came from the factory wearing railroad's traditional black with yellow-stripes livery. Frequently assigned to power the "Cal Z" D&RGW managers elected to repaint the PAs to better match the rest of the "Silver Lady's" consist. This Herb Ringer photograph shows PA 601A in silver with an "Aspen Gold" nose. Location and date of the photo are unknown. (From the collection of canyoncountyzephyr.com)|